10. Online learning promotes BGSU's mission to support diversity, global understanding, and cultural competency. Imagine the discussion and dynamics of your online class with students living in Kenya, Russia, China, The US, The Middle East, and other countries.
engage external communities with your
8. Re-connect with Alumni eager to continue their education ONLINE at BGSU.
A few other schools think that is a pretty good idea.
Yale, Oxford, Princeton and Stanford universities are each providing $3 million to launch a "distance learning" venture to provide on-line courses in the arts and sciences to their combined 500,000 alumni. ." - From the Yale Bulletin & Calendar. Vol. 25, Number 5 - Oct. 6th, 2000
7. Investing time in e-Learning development includes benefits such as:
- The ability to re-use content---electronic materials created for one course could be used within another.
- Easily collaborate and develop resources with instructors who are developing similar courses.
6. Take a proactive role in the Information Age and become a leader in e-Learning pedagogy.
- Discover new forms of teaching that were once thought impossible.
- Effectively target different learning styles and increase student retention.
5. E-learning is the real deal! Observe a few other schools that think so:
- Duke University - M.B.A.
- California State University - B.A. Sociology, B.S. Nursing
- Purdue and Stanford University - M.S. in Engineering
- Syracuse University - M.B.A.
- Tulane University - M.S. in Public Health
- University of Southern California (USC) - M.A. Gerontology
- And thousands more around the world!
4. Development stipends may be available for high priority distance courses.
3. Take advantage of the numerous resources and training opportunities that IDEAL offers to assist you and your department in offering online courses and degrees.
2. The "Time" factor for both teachers and students! Instructors and students are very busy people, so having the ability to teach and learn from anywhere at anytime is a great academic benefit. Imagine an African Studies teacher teaching from Africa. In addition, students benefit by engaging the course material at their optimal time of day, thus increasing motivation and giving them a sense ownership over their learning.
1. Extend an authentic BGSU education to people who are unable to attend the physical campus for reasons such as family responsibilities, full time jobs, disabilities, geographic location, business, and other life circumstances.
Get started today! Click Here to learn how to get your course online!