MyBGSU BGSU Email Directory Search Academics Admissions The Arts Athletics Library A to Z Links Bowling Green State University
center for online and blended learning
Online Course Approval Process
- CONTACT COBL DIRECTOR: Discuss the potential online course with the Center for Online and Blended Learning by calling 419.372.6792.
- SEEK COLLEGE APPROVAL: Consult with your Department Chair or Program Director and seek college approval to move forward.
- START CURRICULUM MODIFICATION PROCESS: Download and start completing the form that applies to your course and obtaining the necessary signatures.
- BEGIN SYLLABUS DEVELOPMENT: Faculty may request that COBL either evaluate their online course syllabus or assist in the initial development. To simplify the process, COBL has created two resources that online instructors may find helpful.
- UTILIZE THE ONLINE COURSE DEVELOPMENT CHECKLIST GUIDELINES AND SECURE COBL ENDORSEMENT: Once your syllabus is ready email it to email@example.com. The Director for COBL will review your course syllabus and use the BGSU Online and Blended Course Development Checklist as the rubric to sign off on the course. Attach your COBL Endorsement (the signed off checklist) to your EZ Blue Sheet/Green Sheet and collect any additional signatures needed and forward to the Office of the Provost to complete the Curriculum Modification Process
- REGISTER FOR ONLINE FACULTY TRAINING COURSES: Training is highly recommended for faculty teaching online for the first time. COBL offers an online training course that focuses on effective online course facilitation and online pedegogy. More information COMING SOON.
- CONSULT WITH COBL INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNERS: An initial consultation with a COBL staff member will involve the creation of a Blackboard Course Development Shell, a review of the online course syllabus and current course content, technical requirements, and development of a time table for online course completion. Contact COBL at 419.372.6792 to schedule an appointment.
- BEGIN COURSE DEVELOPMENT: COBL Instructional Designers are available to assist with all aspects of course development.
- IMPLEMENT THE COURSE:
- EVALUATE AND ASSESS THE COURSE: After teaching your online course for the first time, COBL staff is avaliable to help you review your course and identify strengths and weaknesses. COBL will also collaborate on ways to enhance your online course for the next semester.