What better way to learn how to teach effectively online than to experience an online course from the student's point of view. Learn how to harness the power of online instruction and gain the confidence to master the art of online teaching. Both of these sessions are are overseen by a distance learning specialist and will be delivered completely online via Blackboard. This, like most online courses, will allow you to work around YOUR schedule. Register now or keep reading to find out more about each session.
*Must be completed ONE WEEK PRIOR to the start of Session 2, to demonstrate knowledge of the basics of Blackboard.
- An introduction to the key components of the Blackboard Learning Management System
- A basic understanding of Blackboard from both the student and teacher perspective
- Participation in online classroom activities as well as experience in managing a practice classroom
- Introduction to pedagogical and technical principles associated with online teaching
- This course is completely online, self-paced, and should take about a week to complete.
- Prerequisite for Session 2: Online Pedagogy*
- Effective strategies for the design, development and delivery of your online course
- Proven techniques for facilitating multiple forms of online communication, instruction in managing online group projects and assessing and grading online students
- Interaction with your course facilitator and other online faculty through the use of discussion boards
- Ideas for enhancing your course with the effective use of media and Web 2.0 tools
- Answers to technical and pedagogical questions from an experienced staff
- Training may take between 6-12 hours per week depending on your comfort level online. As you become more familiar with the system and gain confidence in the online environment, the amount of time you spend in the course may decrease.
- Access to all materials and tutorials from sessions 1 & 2
- Connect with a community of online instructors
- Quick access to our blog for news, updates, and course development reminders